Covid-19 - Caerphilly update and keeping Newport safe
Posted on Tuesday 8th September 2020
Important message - we need your help to prevent the further spread of Covid-19.
From 6pm tonight (8/9/20), the Caerphilly County Borough Council area will become an enhanced local health protection area and several new lockdown restrictions come into force.
- Indoor meetings and overnight stays will not be allowed
- Mandatory face coverings indoors, including shops, for everyone over 11
- No travelling to or from the county without a reasonable excuse
These regulations are the first made by the Welsh Government in response to the serious and imminent threat to health which is posed by a spike in the spread of COVID-19.
This is a real wake-up call for the whole of Gwent.
We are aware that compliance with the basic rules has relaxed across Gwent and what started as an increase in cases in younger people is now spreading to older people. Covid-19 is a deadly virus, so please take responsibility for your actions and follow the rules.
- Wash hands – and keep washing them regularly
- Cover face - over your nose and mouth where social distancing is difficult
- Make space – stay at least two metres from anyone not in your household
- Stay home – and get tested if you or anyone in your home has symptoms
If you’ve got any symptoms of coronavirus, you must get a test and your whole household must self-isolate immediately.
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Book a test here https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test
If you are asked to self-isolate, you should do so to prevent further spread of the virus.
For more information on the Caerphilly lockdown visit https://gov.wales/caerphilly-county-coronavirus-lockdown