COVID-19: HWRC reopening
Covid-19 update Monday 9 November: the Household Waste Recycling Centre is open for booked visits only
Before you book a visit
You must have a booking slot - no booking, no entry
- Don't visit if anyone in your household is self-isolating with COVID-19 symptoms
- Don't bring waste from anyone who has had COVID-19 symptoms. This waste should be double bagged and held for at least 72 hours before being put out with your kerbside collection
- Pre-sort your waste as you will be limited to 15 minutes at the site
- Residents who are shielding or vulnerable should not visit
- There are reserved slots for key workers, please provide proof when booking and when you arrive at the site
Download Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
Book a visit
Prior booking only, you must book in advance
Watch our video guide to booking your visit
If you are unable to book online because you have no web access, call (01633) 656656, note the booking reference you are given and bring it with you when you visit.
Please only contact us if you have no resources to access the website.
New slots are released every day, so please check back if you are unable to book at first.
Please arrive within your booked time slot and bring your confirmation email (on your phone or printed out) or reference number as proof. Please arrive within your slot, do not attempt to arrive early.
Site opening hours
Monday to Friday: 7.30am - 5pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 5pm
Site layout and rules
Familiarise yourself with the new site layout and rules before you visit.
Download a diagram of the HWRC layout (pdf)
- Ideally vehicles should be driver only. If needed, a second member of the household may attend to help with the removal of bulky items but may only leave the vehicle when advised by the site attendant
- Please display your booking on your windscreen and wait in your car until directed
- No vans are allowed on site, only cars, 4x4s and small trailers (maximum 1.6m by 1.2m). Vans and large trailers will not be allowed on site, even if you have booked
- Access from the SDR westbound only
- Arrive within your booked time slot and do not queue on the public highway
- Follow the two metre social distancing rule at all times, visitors not following rules and instructions may be asked to leave the site
- Site staff are unable to help unload or carry items, you must be able to safely unload your vehicle without assistance
- No unsorted mixed waste – all waste brought to the site must be pre-sorted, black bags must not contain any recycling. Materials collected via household collections should not be brought site, but excess green waste and cardboard can be brought in providing they are pre-sorted
- Please wash your hands before and after your visit. Handrails and other areas at the site will be cleaned regularly and the site will close at 2pm for 30 minutes to allow a deep clean of all areas - bookings will not be affected. You are encouraged to bring your own gloves, there is no hand sanitiser on site
Thank you for your patience and understanding